Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Mid-Year Resolutions

So I decided to make some mid-year resolutions in an effort to get things back on track in my life.  And in an effort to be accountable, I'm going to try to blog every day about my efforts.  Luckily I only have two people that follow this blog, so there won't be a ton of people becoming annoyed with all the postings.  Sorry husband and Mary!  And since I fell asleep early last night and didn't have the chance to put this post together yesterday, there are going to be a couple today!

First for the actual resolutions (and the reasons behind them):

  • Cook from recipes
    • We are in an eating rut.  I rely too much on prepacked meals.  Not that I'm dissing Stouffer's (Lord  knows we'll still eat our share of frozen lasagnas) and Gorton's fish fillets, but I really should cook actual food too.
  • Do one thing each day special with G
    • He's frustrated that the baby takes so much time in our lives.  I get it.  So I'm going to take time each day to do something with just him.
  • EXERCISE each day
    • Second baby weight doesn't come off as easily as the first did!  Guess I'll have to work at it this time around.
  • Hug more, yell less
    • Garrett tests our patience.  If he's not annoying the dog, he's trying to pick up Ainsley.  My first response is usually to yell at him.  Gonna try to hug and explain rather than yell and get mad.
  • Clean one room per day
    • Since it's nearly impossible to spend a whole day cleaning between my work schedule and having both kids, I figure if I clean one room per day, at least the condo should stay somewhat clean at all times.
  • Don't stress so much
    • When I stress, I turn into a real psycho.  Need to breathe and stay calm when things don't always go perfect.
  • Connect more with friends  
    • So many friends have kids around Garrett's and Ainsley's ages...plus other friends without kids - it would be nice to have a social life. 

So there you have it...let's see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment